Planting the seeds of creativity
Century Fine Arts: Expanding your creative mind through the study of music and theatre arts
Musical Raindrops and Rays of Sunshine
Century Fine Arts Summer Newsletter 2019
Dear Students, Parents, Friends and Family of Century Fine Arts,
Summer has arrived and Century Fine Arts has completed another school year of musical creations, performing students, and fantastic collaborations. As always, I am humbled and grateful for your support and commitment to our musical and artistic mission. Our students and those who help them to dream are the foundation to how Century Fine Arts thrives and continues to grow. In every newsletter I reach out to you all to comment and suggest on how we can better serve you and help you achieve your musical goals.
Our student body has grown, our faculty, although has gained some new faces and lost some others, continues to offer high quality musical education. We are always seeking new and innovative ways to reach out to the Fort Bend Community and make a true cultural impact.
Brief summary of Spring 2019:
• Texas Music Teachers Association provided state theory exams to all our students. Over twenty students participated, and all received a 90% or higher on their test. Congratulations to all!
• Our Mini shows continued with our students bringing beautiful intimate performances to Legacy at Long Meadow, Atria Senior Living Center, Inspired Living and Landon Ridge Living Center. Not only do these opportunities build confidence and provide a place to perform, but also brings joy and happiness to the residents of these facilities. Something our students and staff can be very proud of.
• Homeschooling Guitar class lead by Ms. Amy was the strongest ever. Several students learned how to read music and play both classical and folk genres. We are excited to announce that Ms. Amy will be back with us in the Fall 2019 for another round of Guitar ensemble for the Homeschooling community.
• We were very active in the festival communities this semester. Woo-hoo! We presented performances of our students and sponsored booths at Gatorpalooza at Sienna Crossing Elementary, Walker Station Stallion Stampede, Sugar Land Moms Festival, Corner Stone Elementary and Highlands Elementary International Festival. Thanks to Mr. Tom and Mr. Leonard along with myself and Ms. Arie tackling even two on one day!
• Our in- house theory exams went very well. All of our students have the option to participate in Theory- Meets Sundays at 2:00PM.
• Two of our piano students, Haley Mannil and Emmalynne Brown also competed in the Performance contest through the TMTA program.
• One of our vocalists, Lalitha Snell was a finalist for the Sugar Land Voice competition and sang on stage at Town Center!
•We had our Local Artist K8 the HeARTist offer a day of creativity and inspiration. It was wonderful to see the children engage in creative activities that encompass not only music but the visual arts.
•Our Spring Recitals were record number this year. We are very thankful to Landon Ridge and Sugar Land Baptist church for offering their performance space to us. The children provided great music solos, duets and ensembles. It is amazing to hear and see their progress.
What’s to come:
Although summer can be somewhat hectic, lessons become inconsistent and the doors to Century Fine Arts welcomes our summer campers along with maintaining, as best we can, weekly private lessons. This summer we are happy to have Ms. Marissa, Ms. Emily, Ms. Arie, Mr. Sean and Ms. Elyse organizing, and running our magnificent summer programs. Please read the list below of all the fun activities being provided- and there are still spots available- so don’t hesitate to inquire within.
• Little Mermaid Jr. June 3rd- 14th- 1PM- 4PM. Performance on June 14thory Exam with TMTA- February 2nd
• Aladdin Jr. June 17th - June 28th 1PM-4PM. Performance on June 28th (Spots still available)
• Beginner Guitar Ensemble- June 17th – June 21st 10-11:30AM- Performance on June 21st (Spots still available)
• One Week Acting Camps- Two being offered:
July 8th-12th 1PM- 4PM (Still spots available)
July 22nd-26th 1PM-4Pm (Still spots available)
• Ewetopia concert Series in collaboration with K8 the HeARTist, Texas Biergarten and Century Fine Arts students: June 18, July 23 and August 19th at 6:30PM. This will be held at Texas Biergarten in Missouri City with the backdrop of K8 the HeARTist’s work along with our music.
REMINDERS: Century Fine Arts is closed from August 4-10th
Century Fine Arts re-opens on 11th of August and Fall semester will begin- Remember if you purchase an entire semesters worth of lessons- 10% off will be guaranteed.
It continues to be a great joy and honor to be the Artistic Director of Century Fine Arts. I thank each of you for being part of our musical family.
Find your dreams,