Planting the seeds of creativity
Century Fine Arts: Expanding your creative mind through the study of music and theatre arts
Springing Into Spring
Century Fine Arts Newsletter Spring 2019
Dear Students, Parents, Friends and Family of Century Fine Arts,
WOW- can we all believe it that we have arrived to 2019?!? It continues to be an honor and pleasure for me to work with such talented students and staff here at Century Fine Arts. As each month passes we are in awe of the progress our students make and we as a facility learn how to change and grow in order to be an excellent music and cultural center for our Fort Bend Community. This is always a process and we welcome any suggestions and comments from you all to help us know how to serve you better and fulfill your artistic and musical goals.
A brief recap of our Fall 2018:
• Monthly mini shows were offered to three senior living centers from September through December. These were smaller concerts that showcased our students in an environment that was casual and less formal than our winter recitals.
• Homeschooling Guitar Ensemble was a big success thanks to Dr. Patrick. Our guitar ensemble featured five guitarists who performed twice within the semester while learning the fundamentals of playing and music theory.
• Musikgarten continues to be a success with our partnership with Noah’s Ark Academy meeting every Monday and Thursday afternoon.
• Our Acting Workshop for Young Actors was a huge success. With the shared efforts of Ms. Abby and Ms. Elyse we were able to teach these seven actors how to present themselves on stage and in life. Acting builds confidence and helps build the brain muscles for memorization.
• Winter Recitals were jam packed this year. Two full days at Landon Ridge Senior Living Community. We would like to thank the collaborative efforts of their staff and also our staff in helping to make beautiful musical memories.
• We welcomed our new teachers, piano- Tom Thompson and voice- Ardeen Pierre. Ms. Amy Lauro will be our new guitar ensemble teacher since our Mr. Patrick has been hired by University of Wisconsin to teach applied clarinet lessons. We welcome our front desk assistant Jeff Chou. He will be a new face to help out while Ms. Sharon starts a new position in engineering.
What’s to come:
• Theory Exam with TMTA- February 2nd
• Homeschooling guitar ensemble meeting Friday mornings 11:30-1pm. Starting January 18th - May 3rd.
• Homeschooling Acting class to perform Drama Pioneer Services’ The Captain and the Cat. This class will be meeting on Fridays from 1pm-2:30pm. Starting January 18th - May 3rd .
• Young Actor’s Workshop performing a modern rendition of The Three Little Pigs . This will be an evening class starting every Wednesday January 16th - March 6th - from 6pm- 7pm. (ages 7-13)
• More Mini Shows- January 26th and February 23rd - Legacy at Long Meadow April 27th and March 23 rd Atria Senior Living Center. Sign ups can be found at the Front desk.
• Spring Recitals: May- TBA
• Gatorpalooza festival at Sienna Crossing Elementary School. Music wheel of fortune and performances by our students. March 2019.
• Walker Station Stallion Stampede April 2019
• Summer Camp Announcements- Little Mermaid Jr. June 3 rd - June 14th, Bye Bye Birdie Jr. June 17th - June 28th - Ages 7-13, 1pm-4pm- Early bird special available. Guitar Workshop TBA- Inquire within.
Please remember that 10% off of a full semester payment is eligible until January 31, 2019. Be on the lookout for registration for Summer Camps and guitar workshops. We are looking forward to making more music in 2019, and building confidence and building dreams. Thank you for choosing Century Fine Arts for your music and artistic education.
See you all soon,