Planting the seeds of creativity
Century Fine Arts: Expanding your creative mind through the study of music and theatre arts
Falling into Fall
Century Fine Arts Newsletter Fall 2018
Dear Students, Parents, Friends and Family of Century Fine Arts,
It feels like only yesterday I was writing the Summer 2018 newsletter to kick-off our Camp Season, and now it is time to begin a new school year. We continue to grow and create and dream. Remember that learning music…
• Builds confidence
• Helps concentration
• Teaches delayed gratification
• Helps with brain coordination and development
We have now reached over 80 students in our private lesson enrollment. For this growth, we have asked some really awesome and talented teachers to join our team. Please visit our website to read more about our voice teacher and beginning piano teacher Miss Abby Powell, voice and beginning piano teacher Miss Nadia Fayad, and our clarinet, winds and guitar and theory teacher Dr. Patrick Englert. However, with this wonderful addition of new teachers, we sadly said goodbye to Miss Elizabeth Curtin. She has moved to Los Angeles CA to continue her singing, acting and musical career. Also, we said goodbye to Miss Susan Lu who is continuing her master studies in Austin TX.
A brief summary of our fabulous summer!
• We started off our summer with our Spring Recitals held at the beautiful Landon Ridge
• Performances of Annie Jr and Wizard of Oz Young Performer’s Edition
• Performances of Star Trip 1 and Bling Midas
• Guitar Ensemble performed for our community of family and friends
• New student private lesson enrollment
• Festival performances where our students got to show off their talents
As we wind down our summer we look to an exciting new year of programs, performances and group and private classes and lesson being offered at Century Fine Arts.
• Young Actor’s Workshop, Wednesdays 5-6PM ages 7-13 (starts September 12th)
• Homeschool Choir- Fridays 10-11:30AM ages 8-13 (starts September 7th)
• Homeschool Guitar Ensemble –Fridays 11:30-1AM- ages 8-13 (starts September 7th)
• Winter Recital date: December 2nd and December 9th (Two dates offered to
accommodate higher enrollment)
• Fall concert TBA in November
• Theory Classes to restart on Sunday September 9th at 2PM and 3PM. Levels to be
announced and communicated directly by your teacher. State Exams will be in October
2018, January 2019, and Century Fine Arts exam in May 2019.
Please be aware that our new cancellation policies have gone into effect and that our monthly billing starts in September. A 10% discount is offered to those who want to purchase a semester package. This discount is available through September 30th.
Please see attached Payment Policy for more info. We are grateful to you for having chosen Century Fine Arts for you and/or your child’s musical and fine arts formation. We continue to strive for high quality performances, education and results in an atmosphere that is positive, warm and nurturing. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to inspire, create, learn and dream. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!